Thursday, April 23, 2009

An Untroubled Heart by Micca Campbell Bible Study Chapter 5

YES to GOD study: CH. 5~Family Matters
Again, thank you for stopping by on THURSDAY for



If this is your first visit here today, I'm so glad you have found us. Each week we gather together, usually on Tuesday and discuss a chapter from a book we are collectively reading.



The book we are currently reading written by Micca Campbell,
CHAPTER 5: FAMILY MATTERS
Anything in blue is a quote from the book.


It seems like in all the studies we have done here that each chapter I read just fits in so well with whatever is happening in my life. This chapter was no different.



Micca starts us off by letting us peek into her journal as she shares a prayer she penned to God about her children. Bible teacher Adrian Rogers once said that prayers starts in heaven. The Holy Spirit finds the desire of God and put that desire in our hearts.
On page 87 Micca calls us to fight for who God has entrusted us with as she proclaimed the battle is on!
Our battle plan? Psalm 127 where we are taught that Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. We must give God complete control of our homes, families and life. That is why the psalmist didn't write Unless Lelia builds the house. No, Unless the LORD. I love that phrase: Unless the LORD
Based on God's Word, Micca helps us out and tell us how it is supposed to be:
GOD'S JOB
Build our homes
Guard and guide us in all wisdom
Teach us through His Word
Counsel us 24/7
Keep our home
OUR JOB
Monitor what comes into our home
Lean on God
Teach our children from God's Word
Keep out of God's way & let our kids grow
Trust God and follow His plan for our home


Fear-driven parenting is never a good thing. Our children will make mistakes just as we do. The key is letting our children

You are such a blessing to me. If you have something to share on your blog regarding this chapter, please sign up below so we can come visit you.
Next week: chapter 6: Learning to Trust Again. And don't forget to do the Bible study at the end of each chapter called Know It----Stow It----Show It. Micca really took the time to point us to God's Word throughout each chapter and study. We will get this as we learn and then apply.
~Many Blessings~
Lelia

Lelia, is the precious Hostess that leads this Bible Study.
If you would like to get to her blog to check out the entire Bible Study (or for many other's as well), you can head over to her blog. It is: http://www.leliachealey.blogspot.com/


Now, my turn about this Awesome Adventure of "An Untroubled Heart"
This is so right on time in my life. God has certiantly heard my prayers. He is so good like that. I am crying as I type this. Our God is so faithful and loves us each so much! He knew I needed this right now, and I do!
My youngest son has moved out and is living on his own (with other young men). At first, I saw myself re-acting out of fear (which I immediately knew not to do). So...I turned my son over to the Lord. If fear ever tries to creep back in, I turn him right back over to the Lord. I realize now that the Lord is doing a owrk on him. Father God wants my son back with him (walking with Him). I just have to keep my hands off and pray!
This chapter on Family Matters is so true. Families do matter to God!My family matters to me. I was determined to have a family that was different than the way I was raised. I love what Micca says in the book, "God is the Master Builder of the home" We just partner with Him. We get get that role messed up (like we are the Master Builder) then our family gets messed up. Boy, is that ever true! I know, I have tried on multiple times to be the master builder. Did I ever mess up! I tend to wat to be a control freak anyway, so that has been a hard lesson for me to learn. So, I trust in the Lord to be The Master Builder.
"Commit your way to the Lord;
trust in HIm and He will do this:
He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn,
the justice of your cause like the noonday sun." Psalm 37: 5-6

Micca goes on in the book and talks about parenting out of faith or fear. That really hit me so hard! There has been so many times that I parented out of fear. She said what are we teaching our children? I almost fell off my chair. I said, " Oh, sweet God, what have I taught my sons? Have I, this un-perfect mother taught my sons to fear, instead of have faith?" So, I had to repent. I had done this many times before. So, now, somehow (only with God) can I change this. I will be repenting to my sons! I want to leave a legacy of faith to my 2 Sons snd 3 Grandsons! This has REALLY rocked my world!

Here is an Awesome Bible verse for me (and all of you) to remember:
The Lord will guide you always;
He will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land
and will strengthen your frame.
You will be like a well-watered garden,
like a spring whose waters never fail. Isa. 58:11

Isn't our God so Awesome to give us those promises to hold on to? I am so ever grateful!

I absolutely love what Micca says in the book that God is ou Counselor. That he is available to us day or night. This is SO TRUE! He is not only our available, but He is willing to guide us every step of the way. All we have to do is ask HIM!
Well, let me tell you, I ASK HIM! I want HIm to be my guide! Amen!

Micca goes on in this chapter and tells about a verse she gave to her own son. I so Love this! Here it is:

"Be Strong and Courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of (fill in the blank)____, for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you." Deut. 31:6.
This Bible verse is what I am planning on giving to each of my 2 Sons. First, I repent to them, Second, I give them this verse.
Oh, Thank you Jesus for your word!

I will end on that. Be sure to check back next week for chapter 6. Also, don't forget to check out my dear blogger friend, and hostess's blog: http://www.leliachealey.blogspot.com/

Until next time, BE Blessed!
Jeanie

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Wonderful verses and life lessons to compliment this chapter. Thanks for sharing.