Saturday, March 28, 2009

Tuesday's Bible Study An Untroubled Heart by Micca Campbell Chapter 1


Micca Campbell of Proverbs 31 Ministries first book....


Alright...you ready? Let's get to it. If you have never done a study with us before, please know you are so welcome here. You will find this to be a very relaxed place to visit. If you can't blog on a Tuesday then post your thoughts later and still let us know you blogged by linking your post with Mr. Linky.
Let me warn you that life will get in the way so if you miss a week or two or three, do not stress about it, just get back in the groove when you can. The last study we did there were many challenges that kept me from blogging and I tell you, these women are not only filled with Jesus, they are filled with grace. As much as I wanted to blog, they just allowed me to put family first.


So...come when you come.
Just come as you are and get to know some of the ladies you will be spending eternity with!

CHAPTER 1: When the Unthinkable Happens
Anything in blue is a quote from the book.

I'm sure we all had tears fill up our eyes as we read about Micca's loss of her newborn son's Daddy. I cannot even begin to pretend to know what she felt or feels about losing her first husband, Porter. This is not what I had planned.



When things happen in our life or in the life of someone we love that is so unexpected it is so hard to have understanding. That's where Jesus comes in.
Just as a mother runs to her screaming child who is in pain, God the Father ran to me. I didn't see Him with my eyes or touch Him with my hands, but I felt His presence consume me as if God poured Himself over my entire body.




I really loved how Micca shared with us her last moments with the man she had vowed to be faithful to till death do us part. Suddenly this young bride was forced to realize that she faced the parting and she didn't want to let go of her Porter. Not yet. Not ever. I cannot imagine God entrusting me with something so huge, so life changing at such a young age or even at the age of 38. At 21 years old, Micca suddenly found herself a lonely widow with a fatherless 3 month old baby boy.
I didn't know how, but I knew God was fully aware and involved in my circumstances.


When Porter met our Savior face to face, Jesus was not surprised. He was prepared to meet Micca's husband with open arms and embraced him with the promise that Porter's wife and Jesus' daughter would be okay. God vowed the same to Micca as He led her to read Psalm 139.

Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast. (Ps. 139:7-10)


Even in the pit of death, God had come to say, "You are not alone. I am here."

When we found out our teenage daughter was pregnant with Amiyah back in August of 2007 a tornado of emotions swirled through my heart at once. Embarrassment, anger, hurt, confusion, fear, sadness and yet in the midst of the storm God took my emotions and changed them. No shame, forgiveness, healing, peace, thankfulness and joy is what I began to experience.
Then when our same teenage daughter told us in September 2008 that she was pregnant again by the same absent dad Amiyah has I have to admit that God was not the 1st One I turned to. Six months into her pregnancy I honestly couldn't tell you if I had prayed over this baby. Anger and fear consumed me. Two kids by a guy who has 3 other babies and takes care of none of them...could this be a problem too big for our God? Could my Prodigal be the one the Savior confesses to not being able to handle? How many more fatherless babies will she bring into this world?
Fears fears fears...God where are you????
God's answer to us when we are at a loss...read Psalm 139 child.



So how did Micca make it through such a deep loss in her life? My first step in learning to trust God again came when I chose to believe that I am never alone. God is always near me.



The author teaches us that no matter what fears we are facing in our life that God doesn't want us to go through the rest of our lives justifying our fears. God wants to teach us that it's safe to trust Him.



Probably my favorite Micca line from this chapter is when she wrote...The Lord is, indeed, attentive to our whereabouts and the circumstances we face on earth.
Okay, I lied there are two favorite truths in this chapter that Ms. Campbell pointed out to us, here is the other one I loved...God the Father will never leave us. He can't be torn away, led away, coaxed away, seduced away, or dragged away. You and I come to know and experience this truth by faith.




Just think of that promise for a second.
Human relationships can end.
They can be torn away by the pressure of problems, led away by addictions, coaxed away by wants instead of needs, seduced by an affair or drug away by an accident, but not our God.
Not our heavenly Father.
Not the One who endured the nail piercings of the cross for you and for me.
He's in it to win it.
He's the most faithful thing we will ever know.
Through sickness and in health...He remains.
Through our days of living sold out for Him...He celebrates.
Through our days of pure rebellion...He's not goin' anywhere.
Through the season of life that a Mom is desperate for her prodigal to return..He catches her tears.
Through the deep sorrow when a young wife instantly becomes a widow...He is her Groom.




He is in this relationship with us to stay.
No matter what comes our way.
Leaving us never crosses His holy mind, but faithfulness does.
And as He watches His child's fear turn to faith just because of Who He is...He breaths in the aroma of our trust that surrounds His throne and just takes it all in.




I want to encourage you to answer the Bible study questions at the end of each chapter called
Know It---Stow It----Show It.
In the comment section...answer this question from the study if you'd like to and if you have something to share on your own blog please sign up under Mr. Linky below.
Here is the question:
In Psalm 46:1 God tells us His help is ever present. How does knowing that God is your ever-present help comfort you and calm your fears? (Or if it doesn't comfort you, talk about why.)


Oh Ladies...this book is going to be a good one for our lives..IF we apply what we learn. If you are reading it because you are a book freak like I am, then when you put this book on the shelf when we are done you will remain unchanged. Allow God...and I am speaking in the mirror here...allow God to do His thing in our lives. Whatever fears we have in our lives let's learn from what Micca shares in this book so that the grip we have on our fears can be completely loosened and put into the scarred hands of Jesus Christ..the One who gives us peace instead of fear.

Jeanie's Bible Study Answer:
I am so thankful that our God is just a whisper away! If fear does crowd in and rip away at my faith, I am reassured that He is right there with me! My faith in our Lord is far greater than anything I fear or ever will fear! The Devil will not defeat me! I have one far greater than he living inside of me--JESUS!
Be Blessed!

No comments: