Monday, March 23, 2009

A Book Review "The Husband Project" by Kathi Lipp

A Book Review For “The Husband Project” by Kathi Lipp

This book is so precious! I loved it! The main theme of the book is loving your man intentionally. I started this project with the attitude of “I wonder how much I will really learn from this. I have been married almost a decade now. I should know how to love my man intentionally.” Then, there was this ugly thought I had, “I treat my husband so nice all the time. Isn’t it time for him to act nice to me. Do I really want to do this?” Well….let me tell you, this book is a Blessing! It is truly a God thing! First of all, I had to have an attitude adjustment. Once, I had the attitude adjustment, things started changing in our marriage. It was about me changing! It was about me loving my Husband no matter what he did, what he said, how he acted, or did not act! That was very often hard to do but, I did it! I finished this book by doing the 21 projects on loving my man intentionally! My husband at first did not notice anything about what I was doing. After several days into it he was a happier man. He loved coming home to me, and spending time with me. When I had a slip up ( and yes I do have them lol), he said, “What is wrong with you?” So, of course, that convicted me. I immediately changed my attitude again! These projects are wonderful. If you have been married for a few years or even a decade it will be a Blessing to your marriage. Then, when it’s all over, you will have steps to take (since you know them already) to help keep your marriage alive, fun, and truly Blessed!
Thank you Kathi Lipp for writing this incredible book. I look forward to reading more of your work. May god Richly Bless You and Your Husband!

No comments: