Saturday, May 23, 2009

Bible Study: An Untroubled Heart by Micca Campbell Chapter 9



So glad you have come by to discussion Micca Campbell's first book, an awesome book called: An Untroubled Heart.
First, I will let Lelia share and then I will share. Lelia's blog is: http://www.leliachealey.blogspot.com
Micca's blog is: http://www.miccacampbell.com



CHAPTER 9: THE RIGHT KIND OF FEAR
Anything in blue is quote from the book.
In this incredible chapter Micca shares with us how the right kind of fear is when we fear God.
Not all fear is bad.
The right kind of fear motivates us to obey God.
Those who respect God are motivated to walk in obedience.
I loved how Micca explained "fear of God" to us...To have godly fear means to revere and hold God in awe, not offending Him with sin.
On page 175 at the end of the chapter, the author shares that While the Bible commands us to fear God, it also commands us to love Him. This may seem like a contradiction, but it's our love for God that compels us toward passionate obedience and enables us to receive His blessings. To fear God is not to shrink back from Him in terror. It's to live an obedient life, showing admiration to the one who loves us so. Only then will we love and serve and revere Him as we should.
She goes on to close out the chapter with this encouragement:
Understanding God's love in fearful times can be difficult. When circumstances are hard, it feels like anything other than love. Yet situations are not alwsays as they appear. You and I must devote ourselves more to the revealed nature of God's love than to the reason of our natural minds. Only then will we experience His love to the full extent.

Now, my turn to share!

This is another great chapter! This chapter is called "The right kind of fear." I truly believe that! We need to have a Godly fear. A fear that we will break our God's heart when we disobey him. Not the kind of fear that God is a bad God. God is love! We are to revere God! That is to regard with deep respect, love, and to be in awe of God. Wow! In His word it tells us that the fear of the Lord is wisdom and knowledge. In Proverbs 1:7 "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline."
Read Romans 6:21, what are the benefits that you gain from sin?
Read Romans 6:22, what are the benefits of obedience?

Oh, Dear Believers: Our God is so good! He wants nothing more from us than to love Him, to submit ourselves to Him, to let Him have control over our lives, and to respect Him. When we do this it changes us in ways that you can never imagine! I know because He changed me! I was living in the pit of sin! I was kinda like the women at the well! But, God picked me up and turn me around! He saved me by His wonderful grace and mercy! Amen!

By the way, I am having a contest on this Truly Fabulous Bible Study! It's open to men and women. It's open to anyone living anywhere in the world. I promise you it's worth your time and effort! The contest runs into June 7. See the contest rules on th etop right side of the blog.

Until next time...

Be Blessed,
Jeanie

2 comments:

Jill said...

I would luv to Win this Study :)

I'm a Follower of your blog!

Jill said...

Your button has been added to Frugal Plus :)